Virtual Lab Manager at a growing life science company
If you have experience with lab management, purchasing, or customer service apply!
HappiLabs is a small business in Chicago, still in the early stage but past the startup stage, that provides a service to scientists called the Virtual Lab Manager. We are similar to an outsourced purchasing department (some might say a Personal Shopper) for biotech companies and scientific research labs.
Our focus is on customer service, and we’re for-profit but have a non-profit mentality.
Our mission: to improve the happiness of scientists and the quality of their research.
By helping scientists do their job, we are helping all the people on the planet who benefit from inventions, creations, and knowledge that scientists create.
You will co-manage a minimum of two labs. We are “virtual” so your job consists of sitting in an office and communicating with scientists, in other parts of the world, about what they need to run their experiments.
You will be trained to be one of the best lab managers in the world.
A strong candidate will have one or two of these backgrounds:
- Lab manager or postdoc who has managed scientists, experiments, and budgets
- Purchaser in a non-science setting
- Sales rep in the life science industry
- Maintaining a daily ToDo List
- Utilizing apps and software for managing labs
- Communicating with scientists to understand their needs and experiments
- Communicating with suppliers (sales reps, technical help, & customer service) to obtain pricing and technical info, place orders, retrieve order updates, and solve logistics and supply chain problems
- Scanning the internet for new apps, technologies, or products that make science faster
- Keeping detailed accounting records, such Purchase Orders and Invoices
- Reporting progress and solving problems at team meetings
Looking to start early next year, preferably in Chicago.
- Full-time-ish, 30-40 hours per week,
- $50-60k, depending on experience
- No health benefits, yet.
SKILLS AND TRAITS YOU SHOULD HAVE
We want a long-term commitment, someone who will help a small company grow into a large one.
- Tech savvy (very good with a computer, its keyboard and multiple monitors)
- A Mac user, comfortable with Google products and spreadsheets
- Be proactive – help without being asked to help, and ability to predict problems
- Quick, mental flexibility – we’re a growing company, always changing, and a good candidate must be willing (and excited!) to change pace.
- A passion for science and desire to make a difference in the world.
- Tough – customers and suppliers can be difficult to deal with. You need to take the hits, be calm with your interactions, and move on.
- Confident presence on the phone. We make a lot of phone calls to suppliers.
===== APPLY NOW! ======
CLICK this link –> HAPPILABS JOB APPLICATION (VIA A GOOGLE FORM)
It will not hurt to connect with Tom on LinkedIn.