Support Virtual Lab Manager at a growing life science company
If you have experience with lab management, purchasing, basic accounting, or customer service, apply!
HappiLabs is a small business with a startup mentality in Chicago that provides a service to scientists called the Virtual Lab Manager. We support scientists in various ways, virtually, which includes acting as an outsourced purchasing department (some might say a Personal Shopper) for biotech companies and scientific research labs.
We have a mission: to improve the happiness of scientists and the quality of their research.
By helping scientists do their job, we are helping all the people on the planet who benefit from inventions, creations, and knowledge that scientists create.
You will work out of our Chicago office where you’ll support our Virtual Lab Managers (who are PhDs or long-time lab managers) as they manage labs across the country. You will be interacting with suppliers, freight companies, accountants and scientists.
You will be trained to be one of the best lab managers in the world.
A strong candidate will have one of these backgrounds:
- Lab manager or tech experience in a lab
- Logistics or customer service experience (does not need to be in the sciences)
- Purchaser or bookkeeper
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Utilize various apps and software for managing labs
- Communicate with suppliers (sales reps, technical help & customer service) to obtain pricing and technical info, place orders, retrieve order updates, and solve logistics and supply chain problems
- Keep detailed accounting records
- Report progress and solve problems at team meetings
Looking to start now, preferably in Chicago.
- Full-time, salary
- $35-55k, depending on experience
- Medical and Dental health benefits
- A t-shirt, free coffee and snacks at the office
SKILLS AND TRAITS YOU SHOULD HAVE
We want a long-term commitment, someone who will help a small company grow into a large one.
- Tech savvy (very good with a computer, its keyboard and multiple monitors)
- Proactive mentality – help without being asked to help, and an ability to predict problems
- Knowledge of hardware or mechanical engineering, and/or chemistry, and/or molecular biology
- A passion for science and desire to make a difference in the world.
- Confident presence on the phone. We frequently call suppliers
===== APPLY NOW! ======
CLICK this link –> HAPPILABS JOB APPLICATION (VIA A GOOGLE FORM)
It will not hurt to connect with Tom on LinkedIn.