Scientific labs move at the pace of 1983. With the Virtual Lab Manager, scientists have quicker access to information about their lab purchasing, inventory, safety, and finances, saving them time and energy better spent on their research. A scientist’s job has never been easier. The faster scientists can move, the faster scientific breakthroughs will happen.
The Virtual Lab Manager has proven an essential service to scientists as we’ve grown to 14 employees from our boot-strapped beginnings in 2012. We have built a legitimate and profitable $1M business.
Now it’s time to take it to the next level through technology and automation – and we’re aiming for $100M in revenue in 5 years. This can only happen if we have the right technological vision, talent, and execution.
Our Founder and CEO, Tom Ruginis, has moved to Silicon Valley and joined YCombinator this summer to help advance the technology by building a tech team to supplement our science team. But he needs help.
We are looking for a technological leader
We’re ready to welcome more talent to our friendly crew at headquarters in Chicago (and San Francisco), specifically a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) or lead engineer.
This person will play a vital role in our journey. Customers have likened the Virtual Lab Manager to having a reliable and trustworthy friend that lives in their computer. You will lead the development and implementation of the technology that brings this friend to every scientist on the planet.
In partnership with our CEO, you’ll map out the technical strategy for the software, create the product, and help further build out the engineering team. This role is an opportunity to bring true innovation to labs and scientists all over the world and in turn, shape the future of science.
We’ve spent the last six years experiencing steady growth, and mastering the art of virtual lab management, so you’ll be joining the team at a key moment in our evolution.
Our ideal tech innovator has vision, is smart, and wants to help scientists be better at their job.
Keep in mind….we will be patient with the CTO search but can use a software engineer now.
A strong candidate will have:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Prior experience as a CTO and/or software engineer with full stack capabilities and/or a recent Computer Science graduate from a top university
- Knowledge of the life sciences industry or an interest in science
- Help us build a $100M company
- Responsible for software design and architecture
- Polish and execute the product roadmap
- Understand the business and contribute to the company strategy
- Team management (recruitment, personal development, retention, and success metrics)
▪ Looking to start as soon as possible in Chicago or San Francisco
If you’re interested or have questions: