Virtual Lab Manager at a growing life science company
If you have experience with lab management, purchasing, or customer service in the sciences, apply!
HappiLabs is a small business with a startup mentality in Chicago that provides a service to scientists called the Virtual Lab Manager. We support scientists in various ways, virtually, which includes acting as an outsourced purchasing department (some might say a Personal Shopper) for biotech companies and scientific research labs.
We have a mission: to improve the happiness of scientists and the quality of their research.
By helping scientists do their job, we are helping all the people on the planet who benefit from inventions, creations, and knowledge that scientists create.
You will co-manage a minimum of two labs. We are “virtual” so your job consists of sitting in our offices and communicating with scientists, in other parts of the world, about what they need to run their experiments.
You will be employee #18 and trained to be one of the best lab managers in the world.
A strong candidate will have one of these backgrounds:
- Lab manager or postdoc or superb grad student who has managed people, experiments, and budgets
- Purchasing agent or buyer for scientists
- Operations or Sales rep in the life science industry (but this is NOT a sales job)
- Keep scientists and engineers (our customers) happy and focused by managing their interactions with the accounting dept and suppliers
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and experiments
- Communicate with suppliers (sales reps, technical help & customer service) to obtain pricing and technical info, place orders, retrieve order updates, and solve logistics and supply chain problems
- Use our technology systems to organize accounting, asset, and Environmental Health & Safety data
- Report progress and solve problems at weekly team meetings
Looking to start now, preferably in Chicago or San Francisco.
- Full-time, salary
- $50-70k, depending on experience
- Medical and Dental health benefits
- A t-shirt, free coffee and snacks at the office
BONUS SKILLS AND TRAITS
We want a long-term commitment, someone who will help a small company grow into a large one.
- Tech savvy (very good with a computer, its keyboard and multiple monitors)
- Proactive mentality – help without being asked to help, and an ability to predict problems
- Knowledge of hardware or mechanical engineering, and/or chemistry, and/or molecular biology
- A passion for science and desire to make a difference in the world.
- Confident presence on the phone. We frequently call suppliers
===== APPLY NOW! ======
CLICK this link and fill out the form on the right: HappiLabs job application 1
It will not hurt to connect with Tom on LinkedIn.